Friday, December 16, 2016

Gyakuten Saiban 3 Blog Entry 16: Finale (2004)

Title: Finale / 「大団円」
Source: Gyakuten Saiban 3 official site (down)

Summary: In the final column written for the Gyakuten Saiban 3 (Ace Attorney 3 - Trials & Tribulations) website, Takumi looks back at the release of the game, as well as the whole series. At the time, this was supposed to be the last game in the series, so Takumi takes the time to look back at all that has happened inside the courtroom, and says farewell to his characters and the players who have supported the series these three years.

Finale

…I want to keep on coming across interesting mystery stories….

The story of Gyakuten Saiban (Ace Attorney) started with that thought. And now, three years later. I myself have learned a lot, together with Naruhodō Ryūichi (Phoenix Wright). My ideas about writing a scenario have also changed a lot, I think. However, my love for the mystery genre is the one thing that has not changed. I want to keep on coming across new “surprises” even after this. And I always want to create them..

How did you like Gyakuten Saiban 3 (Ace Attorney 3 - Trials and Tribulations)? It’s been a month since the release date, and I’m starting to hear the reactions of everyone.

“It was really fun!”

I have to wipe a tear away when hearing warm words like this.At first, I was simply happy, but then I started hearing reactions like these:

3 is the best of them all.”
“Aha, all the episodes until now were laying the foundation for the final episode of 3.”
“But it does not beat 1.”
“If I’d to rank them, I’d say 132.”
“No, I’d say 321.”

In my heart, I want to react to that. “You can’t go ranking them, pal! All three games together are Gyakuten Saiban!”

…Creators can be quite selfish. To those who first learned of this series with 3. If you liked it, please try out 1 and 2 too.
 
…Anyway. Over the course of these three years, the noise of the gavel has rung throughout court an estimated 1290 times, and thirteen verdicts have been given. Naruhodō Ryūichi has broken out in a cold sweat 562 times, banged on the desk 941 times and cried out “Objection!” 229 times. And as for me, I became older 3 years, and am about to finish writing my 53rd column.

The important points to a story is “where to start” and… “where to end”.  Where to end…? That has to be now.

There is no end to that world. Naruhodo-kun, Mayoi-chan (Maya Fey), Chihiro-san (Mia Fey), prosecutor Mitsurugi (Miles Edgeworth) and detective Itonoko (Dick Gumshoe)… They will keep on fighting and laughing together, I’m sure of that. Oh no, perhaps the next time, someone like Itonoko will be arrested. I hope they will all live on in your hearts. There’d be nothing more wonderful than that.

And it’s here I will end my column. If we have the chance, I hope we will meet again some time. If possible…. Yes, with a completely new story. And one final word. To all those people who have supported Gyakuten Saiban for such a long time, I want to express my thanks from my heart once again. I am really grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment